12 January, 2007

Ice cream, Dayquil, Advil and Benadryl

That's been my diet for the past three days. I have bronchitis, but I don't have time to go to the doctor. We have to work six day weeks this month for Regents prep. So, I eat a pint of ice cream, take the aforementioned meds and just keep chugging. About every four hours, I load up on more Dayquil.

Don't try that at home, folks. My abuse of over-the-counter medication is not something other people should try or that I recommend.

My principal has asked to meet with me because I have been excessively absent. It's been a rough term.
1) On Thanksgiving, my sink exploded, more or less. Then the flies came.
2) The ceiling in my hallway leaks periodically causing disasters of various kinds.
3) I'm more physically run down than ever. I don't doubt that ALL OF THE MOLD in this apartment and its walls have caused me a lot of trouble.
4) Just before Christmas, Henry got very sick. He required a lot of close care. He's doing much better because of that care.

So, I missed ten days of work and I'm not proud of it, but it was all unavoidable. I accept whatever punishment is due to me. I want the strength to just say that

I'm sorry. It couldn't be helped. I hope this next term will be better.

What more can I say?

Any thoughts?

No comments: