02 October, 2007

Sounds of a room full of teachers

"Middle school kids will really get you. They'll come right up to you."

"She would dance to teach them conjunctions and they listened. I liked her. She was different."

"Not in my class."

"You have to be patient with kids."

"You can't let them walk all over you."

"In my class, that doesn't happen."

"And the Principal walked in and they pushed him and I didn't like that and I told him so and he laughed it off. I would never allow that."

Everything is an axiom. We're not just defensive. We're downright prophetic. Perhaps we've been so pushed to the wall that we ARE the aged prophets, near blind, coming out of our caves to warn the city of storms ahead.
Or, we've just been banished and are continually hollering from over the city walls.
Or, we feel as if we are about to be.

No comments: