19 August, 2007

Meet cousin Bernie


Well, we heard the awful news about Henry and the family over on the other side of the borough sent me with my suitcases to bring condolences and, um, they said, "a cheerful distraction" to the Kay household. I was roaming around for a while until this nice Veterninary technician found me and thankfully she just happened to be Henry's old technician! So, she cleaned me up (I did a LOT of roaming...I'm only 8 months old so I can't read) had me "fixed" (all I know is when I clean up things don't look the same) took all sorts of care of me then called up Henry and Larry's mommy and she came and got me. I'm moving in with them! What do you know? That's good because we don't have a roof over our heads on our side of town, just the suitcases, which I lost while roaming.


Larry is a great cousin and I want to be exactly like him--but I don't want to take all of his things--well maybe this blanket and that toy...he lets me have a lot of stuff and he never does more than swipe the air around me and mildly hiss at me. We spend a lot of time playing together and he sat with me on the big windowsill in the kitchen for hours yesterday talking to me about Henry. He misses him so much but he says I am very much of a distraction. In fact, he called me a "tornado" -- "in a good way" he said.


My new mommy says I'm a "little wizard" and also a "trickster". She likes to pet me and Larry at the same time to teach us not to be jealous of each other.
By the way, I'm named Bernie after the great actor Tony Curtis -- who was born Bernie Schwartz.


I'm home!


4 comments:

Pacian said...

Hey Bernie!

Rachel Grynberg said...

Hello. I have to transcribe my messages to Larry, though he's trying to teach me to read. I have a problem in that I want everything I see so I have to learn to sit long enough to watch the keyboard. Sometimes this requires doing so while I eat. The picture of me is actually upside down -- I'm actually really upside down in it...

OutoftheBullpen said...

Hi, Bernie! Welcome home! I can't wait to meet you! You sound like a very busy boy. It's nice you are finding time to learn to read, too. Larry is very sensitive -- I can tell from what you said that you picked up on that already and that you don't take it personally when Mommy Raine wants him to have things "just so" when possible. I appreciate that, too. (You don't know me yet, but I know Larry and I know a lot about you!) She told me that you are a joy to have in the household.

You are a good egg, Bernie. (That's just an expression referring to your character and potential, Bernie. Don't worry!) Soon you will have your own special things and special places.

I am really looking forward to meeting you. Right now I am visiting my mom and her cat Cassie near Chicago. Cassie knows Mommy Raine and she says a happy meow to all 3 of you.

Rachel Grynberg said...

Hey there! I try to keep Larry's just so, but sometimes...I'm just so...so...compulsively impulsive! Hey, we share the futon when mommy's away but when she's home we fight over it--drives her crazy. She's so funny!