22 August, 2007

The family that acts together

Well, folks, I wouldn't have believed it had I not seen it...

At about 5:45, Bernie and Larry staged a fight to wake me up.

I was starting to wake up and I caught the two walking quietly out of the corner of my eye toward my bed. I was really sick so I had managed to get them to stop fighting over who would stay in bed with me by simply banishing all the healthy from my presence.

The two looked at each other. Larry took a step back. Bernie nodded. Larry made his usual, "Ack" = you've pissed me off noise, Bernie made his usual "Mrrreeoww"= I'm just a kitten who's going to sneak attack you in a minute. I woke up.

They got quiet WAY too quickly.

I looked at the clock. Indeed. 5:50. Close enough to 6:00am breakfast time.

I went to get their plates.

They followed me, POLITELY and IN TANDEM.

Oh yeah, they were just fighting...

Well, they get points for cleverness. Henry used to just paw my mouth or cuddle me, which Larry has done recently as well. Henry never needed to be clever because there were no games going on between him and me or anyone.
Directness takes time, however.

God, I miss you, Henry. So does Larry. So does Bernie. He can't find the ball after he kicks it so he can't practice for soccer by himself. And you know Larry can't. I practice with him and he is learning to kick the ball BACK TO ME and about TURNS and I know you are secretly helping him because he's not completely getting it with me. Keep working with him on your visits from cat heaven, man. And I am trying to remember how much Larry was like this when he was little like you said I should...

No comments: