20 October, 2006

GOOD


(This was written in response to Sunday Scribblings, http://www.sundayscribblings.blogspot.com/)

When a human or cat closes his/her eyes softly, for a moment after having enjoyed something…taking it in. See Henry, settling into his blanket, above.

You can see also Henry doing this in the second picture on this blog. He's the white cat leaning toward you, in the arms of his smiling and also blinking brother Larry. Look in the sidebar under "Who lives with this shoe?"

(P.S. Thanks to all who liked the film provided by the Virtual March Against Global Warming. It's great, but it plays very loudly, so I replaced it with a banner for the walk -- and I hope everyone will click on it and sign up!)

3 comments:

Pacian said...

I can't say that I've ever done that myself, but it does sound good.

PS. I like the video too.

Ms. Pearce said...

I wish I were a cat, if I could have a safe place to take it in. Thank you.

twilightspider said...

Sometimes I look at my cat when I'm petting her, or when she's happily napping and I think: it must just be so good to be a cat. That closed-eyes feeling is exactly what I think of.