30 October, 2008

Bernie, my opera loving cat

I was listening to a PremiereOpera Podcast (premiereopera.org) and in the middle of Richard Tucker's last "Cielo e Mar," Bernie just stopped chasing his toy and walked toward me and stood still with eyes full of softness.

He's sitting on the window listening to "Thine Alone" now. He keeps giving me these intense looks -- he can't focus on what's outside. He just keeps being moved to radio his feelings out. Last time he heard this, he just stood on the window and blinked at me.

Henry used to purr during opera broadcasts. I wasn't permitted to talk for the first hour -- he'd bat me lightly. Then, he'd fall asleep.

Larry likes the music, but prefers sports broadcasts -- those rivet him. The super bowl was a real highlight, and baseball games on the radio hold him for innings. He does like the music, and he likes it better than Hip Hop, which he has trouble with, but he LOVES sports.

Bernie just went to sit down, ignoring the opportunity to knock over his now empty food dish, as he usually does to indicate breakfast time is near.
THAT'S SOMETHING.

Larry attempted to engage Bernie in a run to the window and Bernie bat him lightly the way Henry would me. I've always thought there was a little Henry in Bernie.


Clearly, Bernie wants to focus on THE MUSIC.

My cat has better priorities than the agency for which I work.

P.S. Later, I noticed BOTH cats sitting still for Franco Corelli.

No comments: